Saturday, January 20, 2007

If Nick Hornby Can Do It....

I suppose that a very not-famous person such as myself can write about books. Granted, Mr. Hornby has some clout. But I figure that I have the inside edge of working in the book industry. RATATATHAT is something that at some point, must have some meaning.

Also, in some wierd way I think the following works out to be some great unknown mathematical truth or something.

I know Jack Pendarvis.
Jack Pendarvis has a book of short stories.
One or five of those short stories has been published in THE BELIEVER.
Nick Hornby writes a monthly column on books for THE BELIEVER.
In the "books bought" column of his June/July 2006 piece, he mentions buying Jack's book, THE MYSTERIOUS SECRET OF THE VALUABLE TREASURE.

All this means is that basically all things equal, I must actually live next door to Nick Hornby and my next drink is on him.

I'm not sure about you, but in my head, it makes sense.

And this is all to say that I very much enjoy Hornby's monthly and Jack's smiling face.

No comments: